Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Favorite Advertisement




The recent Guitar Hero advertisement with Alex Rodriguez, Kobe Bryant, Michael Phelps, and Tony Hawk, is hilarious.  These four men are extremely popular, and extremely talented at their individual sports which makes it easy for all viewers to recognize who they are.  I think it is humorous that they are playing guitar hero together in their underwear, a tribute to the famous movie scene with Tom Cruise.  Kobe Bryant is my favorite in the ad.  He plays the lead singer and does a great impression with his dance moves and lip singing.  This is  funny to me, because he is portrayed in a very macho-man-serious-manner through the media.  These four men do a great performance in the commercial and they all appear to be having a blast.
This advertisement is successful because it catches the viewers attention, and keeps the attention until the end.  The target audience for this commercial includes almost anyone because the athletes are so well known for their achievements.  I'm sure this advertisement was a huge hit with many of the fans from young children to adults.  When the audience sees a prominent group of athletes having a blast playing guitar hero, the viewers will want to join in on the fun as well.  If I had enough money I would definitely purchase this product because it looks like a game you could enjoy during a party, with your family, or with a few friends.  

7 comments:

  1. I love this commercial too, I didnt pick it though cause I figured somebody woould. I love the athletes they chose for the commercial, and it gives guitar hero a little boost for sure. Also, most people have most likely seen the add, but I dont see the video on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant figure out how to post it on my blog.. on the 'new post page' it shows it at the bottom, but i just now realized it did not transfer to this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can edit your post and paste the embed code before your text and it should show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this commercial! It is hilarious because you see all these famous athletes dancing and lip singing, this will definitely help you remember the product, especially if you are a fan of one of these particular sports figures. This also looks like a great time and something that everyone could enjoy, which is true for any of those who have played 'Rock Band." Great Ad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This commercial is very funny! I also love the way they take men who you wouldn't normally imagine playing video games in their underwear, doing just that. They are having so much fun as they play, people will get excited about the product. I definitely think it would appeal to a large range of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kobe's slide is pretty epic. I really enjoy the commerical and think it is effective, especially with all of its star power.(the hedi klum one is better though).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This ad is hilarious! I looove guitar hero and the older adults rocking out just shows that it isn't only for teens! My mom even has it, I swear!

    ReplyDelete